Void Fill

FillFoam, the ideal solution for any void fill project.

Icon Set 10What is FillFoam?

For filling unwanted voids under concrete, FillFoam is a pre-expanded, combination of closed-cell and open-cell resin, air blown foam product that is pumped in at full volume and then the cells harden and strengthen when cured. This high density foam is both UV and hydro insensitive and is ideal for filling voids of any size.

Without the bi-product of heat, FillFoam is a safe and fast way to fill voids and cavities quickly and with limited access. Void spaces filled with FillFoam will ensure your structural investments last and avoid costly repairs in the future. 

fillfoam under concrete slab

FillFoam Benefits

  • No heat is produced during installation
  • Material can flow great distances. 500ft.
  • Large quantities of foam can be installed very quickly
  • Material is pumped at full volume, no restrictions or limits to expansion
  • Hydro Insensitive and UV Insensitive
  • FillFoam has a life expectancy of 490 years
  • Increases bearing capacity of soils
  • FillFoam will not change shape, erode or become overburdened by water
  • FillFoam will cure in water
  • Lightweight
  • Variable densities on demand on site
    • 10-50 PSI
    • 4lb/ft3-15lb/ft3
  • Can weigh as little as 3% the weight of water
  • Combination of open and closed cells
  • 30% closed cell content. Remaining 70% is open cell
  • Pass or absorb water overburdening the soils
  • Minimize effects of frost heave 
  • Buoyancy is balanced with the weight of absorbed water
  • FillFoam is very elastic. It can absorb shock and movement, excellent in seismic zones
  • Clean up foam and equipment with water
  • Foam can be removed or excavated and recycled as needed
Fill Foam 1 01

FillFoam Applications

  • Void/Cavity Filling (any size)
  • Fill in or Around Pipes
  • Decommissioned Mine Shafts
  • Wells
  • Seawall Repair
  • Pipe and Tank Abandonment
  • Decommission and Tank Removal
  • Deep Foam Injection Soil Stabilization
  • Increase Load Bearing Capacity
  • Backfill Along Foundations
  • Sinkhole Repair
…and more
Fillfoam uses gallery

ProductDiscoveryHour Void Fill 02

Environmental Impact

FillFoam is an organic material that is a resin blown foam.  The final product is created by the resin reacting with the hardener.  When properly mixed and installed, all of the components of the resin are reacted with the hardener leaving only water as a bi-product. Cured FillFoam is nitrogen rich and harmless to the environment. Nitrogen is non-toxic, 78% of the air we breathe contains nitrogen.

FillFoam is widely used in the agricultural industry to grow plants. FillFoam is not only environmentally friendly, but can provide soils with nutrients and water better than soil alone.

fillfoam environmentally friendly

Author: Kevin Boschee